Welcome to the ASTD-RTA Website!
The ASTD-Research Triangle Area (RTA) Chapter is affiliated with the National ASTD organization, a leading professional organization focused on the promotion and advancement of workplace learning and performance. We have over 250 members with a variety of backgrounds, including corporate trainers, external consultants, people considering entering the field, students of the T&D profession, human resource professionals, career development professionals, training managers, and many other positions.
As an organization, we strive to meet the professional development needs of the learning and development community throughout Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and the surrounding areas.
At a high-level, we provide numerous:
- Professional Development Opportunities: Develop your skills, stay current on industry trends and develop your network.
- Free monthly meetings
- Workshops with nationally renowned speakers at discounted rates for members
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with local professionals who are making training and organizational development things happen in our learning community.
- Leadership Opportunities: Develop your leadership skills through serving as a board member, Committee Chair or Special Interest Group (SIG) Leader.
Please know that the strength of our Chapter is in our membership. Together we strengthen the training and development community and our profession. Our overall focus is to engage members, provide the best value possible and foster connections among the community. We value you as members and look forward to supporting your needs. We hope to see you at an event soon!